Lets have a look at all the possible ways to get our Android phone back. The very first step we are going to do is track it with Android device manager.
1. Tracking Android device with Google’s Android Device Manager
Your phone must meet the following requirements:-
Device is connected with your Google account.
Device has access to the internet.
Allowed to locate your device (turned on by default).
Allowed lock your device and erase its data .
Head on to Android device manager from your computer, if you do not have a computer download device manager app on your friends phone Android phone and sign in with your Google account and you should be able to track it.
Here it shows my phone is 12 meters away, I can assume that my phone is nearby, when you sign in to android device manager[ADM] you will see the above screen click on locate icon on the top right corner to locate.
What you can do here?
You can lock your phone, give a loud ring or erase complete phone’s data, in case you have sensitive or personal data.
Spy, Take pictures, With Android Lost
Lost Android is an app which you can install on your friends Android phone and you can:-
* read sent and received SMS messages
* wipe phone
* lock phone
* erase SD card
* locate by GPS or network
* start alarm with flashing screen
* send SMS from web page
* message popup
* forward calls
* phone status: battery, imei, etc.
* remote SMS alarm
* remote SMS lock and unlock
* remote SMS erase SD card
* remote SMS wipe phone
* remote SMS APN control
* start/stop GPS
* start/stop WIFI
* hide from launcher
* email when SIM card is changed
* get call list
* take picture with front camera
* take picture with rear camera
* make your phone speak with text-to-speech
* SMS message command
* SMS speak command
* lock timeout
* restore settings on boot
* record sound from microphone
* start and stop data connection from SMS
* start and stop WIFI connection from SMS
Launch Lost Android app then request for admin rights now go to http://www.androidlost.com click on sign in and then sign in with your Google account you have in your lost Android phone you have all the controls of the above mentioned.
Do not be surprised here every Android phone comes with Dropbox installed if you have enabled ‘Camera Upload” every time the person who stole or found your phone takes a picture it will be automatically uploaded to your Dropbox account, logging to Dropbox you will be able to see pictures and identify the person or place: Read this blog it works.
What else now?
Use plan B app as last resort.
Reporting your phone lost or stolen
If there are no chances of getting your phone back, the next step after locking it down is to report it lost or stolen, get in touch with your carrier and de-activate your service for your safety.
Some Tips for Phone Security and Safety:
* Always lock your phone screen and other communication apps with passwords
* Install antivirus, backups and tracking apps, some pro antivirus does provide all these features.