A blog can disappear from the search results of Google if the right seo practices are not followed. If you have started a blog and are getting pretty good traffic, it is definitely a happy moment for you. But you never know when your blog goes out of search. No matter how good the content may be but there are few things which you need to avoid or else Google will remove the blog without any notification. One day you get up and see that your blog does not exist. There was no warning and the blog goes out of search.
It is definitely a question of worry as your blog was doing well and you were getting decent amount of traffic as well. But then things changed in one day. Following the current seo practices for your blog or website has become necessary as Google has become strict with its guidelines and is making every effort to enhance the user experience. In case it comes across nay such blog which does not comply with the seo standards it is sure to get removed from the search.
But a question arises that what are those SEO Mistakes which you need to avoid and in case your blog is out of search, what should be your next step.
What should you do?
If your website has been removed from the search results, don’t panic at all. Making changes is important but before that you need to analyse what went wrong. You need to look into the different aspects of your blog like the quality of the content, use of the keywords, quality of the links and much more. Once the analysis is done you are sure of what went wrong and then you can make the desired changes. Doing it all in a hurry will go waste and nothing will come your way. So a better idea is to stay calm, understand everything and then move ahead.
Today we will talk about all the common seo things you need to avoid in order to stay away from being removed from Google or elsewhere, so let us get started.
1. Buying links – One of the wrong seo practices people go for is buying the links. It is because people look forward to quick popularity and that is why they indulge in buying the links which not just removes them from the search but brings down the reputation as well. There is no point in buying links when you can create them naturally using the right keywords. If you keep away from buying links and follow the best link building tactics you will surely benefit and see your blog gaining a lot of popularity. Buying links is mere a waste of money because as soon as Google recognises it the blog will go out of search. So all your money goes waste and you lose the blog too. Why follow such an approach when it can have adverse effects on your blog.
2. Keyword stuffing – Using the keywords naturally in the content is the right way to get the traffic. But some people forcefully add the keywords so as to bring their blog into search. This is not the right way as it will have a negative impact on your blog as the ranking will go down and can be removed in the worst case. It is important to use the keywords smartly and when required. Also the keyword density has to be maintained which is around 2-3%. If you follow both the above tips you will be able to get a lot of traffic towards your blog which is necessary for its higher ranking.
3. Broken links – If your blog is having links which do not work it is sure to affect the ranking on the different search engines. Google will not only remove it from search but penalise you as well. But you might be thinking as why. Now understand it this way. When any user comes to your website and see its non-working, they are sure to get irritated. They not only search for other websites but their user experience also gets disturbed. Definitely Google will not want its users to suffer but offer an enhanced experience. That is why it takes quick actions against the blogs which have too many broken links and are not being attended by the blogger. So make sure you remove all such links from your blog and get it listed to a better ranking.
4. Forced anchor text – Your anchor text is used for ranking purposes which are identified by Google but some of the professionals smartly manipulate the anchor text to create links. Now this is definitely the wrong way and is the practise to misguide the search engines. When Google comes across anything like this it is sure to take the necessary action. It may bring down the ranking of your blog and can remove it as well. So rather than following such wrong practices why not use the anchor text in the right way and generate traffic. If seo is done naturally it is sure to show the results.
5. Article marketing – Earlier article marketing was quite popular wherein multiple copies of a single article was created and posted on different sites. These copies were generated by spinning the article which not only affected the quality but the information as well. If anyone follows such a way to market their blogs it will definitely not achieve anything. People too have become smart and look forward to quality content only. Even Google and other search engines deprive such blogs from search due to the low quality content it has. Fresh and original content is what loved by Google so if you can create that your blog will automatically reach to the top. You need to ensure that quality is preserved as it makes a big difference to the ranking.
If you keep the above mistakes in mind, you will surely avoid them and create a blog that is in accordance with the latest Google’s guidelines. In the present time seo is tough and if you do not abide by the same it will be difficult to bring the blog into search. You need to rely on the white hat seo techniques to create natural backlinks for your blog that helps in boosting the visibility and the rank both.
So make sure you stay away from any kind of link purchase or similar approaches as it can hamper the reputation of the blog.
This article is written by Morris Edwards. He is a SEO Analyst by profession and writer by hobby. He is working for Awebstar, providing SEO Services in Singapore. He has been in internet marketing fro more than 5 years. He loves all things having to do with SEO, SMO, PPC.