Dry shaving or wet shaving: every man’s choices in attaining their desire to keep their faces presentable and neat looking all the time. Both of these types are important in order that they maintain that great outer look; both can also be done by utilizing conventional and typical razors. And when we speak about razors, using the electric ones can have some advantages. Let me tell you, through this article, some simple yet useful tips in doing dry shaving.
While wet shaving is the most traditional and known way of shaving method; this entails the use of so much time. What is with the rinsing of the area to be shaved before finally removing all the hair by shaving them? However, with the fast paced of life nowadays, apart from the technology and growing demands of men who want to remove their facial hair in no time, dry shaving has been more preferred. If you are quite new to this kind of method and want to learn more about it, below are some tips that might help you learn through the process.
- Always remember to shave along the grain or according to the hair direction; this will minimize skin irritation and problems. This is important in particular to those who have sensitive type of skin and those who easily produce rashes after shaving.
- When doing a dry shaving, it is always best to a shaving trimmer for men, whatever type will do. But if you already have an electronic shaver and want to prevent cuts and burns, you may use it. It doesn’t matter what kind of shaver you will use as long as you are well comfortable with it.
- If you are the type of person with a loose skin, it is best to pull your skin to make it tight while you are shaving. You will prevent having cuts if you are using a razor or beard trimmer for shaving.
- Applying too much pressure won’t do the work better. If you will apply too much pressure it may cause damage and cuts to your skin. And if the situation requires you to apply added pressure, this literally means that your razor is not sharp enough. To avoid such, make sure that the razor is well maintained and sharp.
- Avoid rubbing the skin after shaving; this is a big no when it comes to proper shaving. Rubbing may cause irritation that may lead to rashes and to an uncomfortable feeling. It is best to pat and moisturize the skin right after you shave. This way the skin will be well hydrated, and fewer occurrences of rashes will show.
If you are planning to do this method, be sure that you have high quality razors or electric ones, this way you will have a better kind of finish and prevent bumps and rashes. Many people would settle for the cheaper ones, but quality is really important to have a better quality of shaving too. If you want to try this and don’t have the right equipment, you can find a razor in almost every store. However, in the case of electric razor, you may try to look for it in various stores or through online purchasing, which will definitely give you a lot of choices.
Dry shaving is really a great help for all busy men out there. It minimizes the time needed for shaving but will give you the benefit of having a clean looking face. Aside from this, this method of shaving is the best when there is a pressing need for you to shave but you don’t have the necessary materials. It can save you in a lot of different ways; hence, you would love doing this method. However, as all things have their flaws and imperfections, the dry method is not quite healthy for the skin and might not remove the all the hair which are closely embedded in the skin.